You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera not working.

After installing the catalina software my camera is not working. This is happening to many like me, will any solution be found?

I have been waiting for a long time to update one of the installations but the problem remains.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 3:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2020 5:17 PM in response to nikos228

Hello nikos228,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to use the camera built into your iMac. You can figure out if unexpected behavior is related to a user file or setting by trying to reproduce the issue from another user account. This process includes creating a new user account, logging in to it, and testing for the issue.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Next, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Cheers!

Camera not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.