You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get a Logitech G500 mouse scroll wheel to work under Catalina 10.15.4?

The mouse scroll wheel used to work before updating OS to Catalina. None of the supposed fixes I've seen on line help at all. No response from Logitech, but like I said, it used to work, and now the scroll wheel is not recognized except as a button. What can be done about this? Is there another scroll-wheel mouse that DOES work under Catalina?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 9:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 9:48 AM

there is a newer version of the software for your G500 mouse, available here:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-ca/articles/360024850633--Downloads-Gaming-Mouse-G500

it does support Catalina. Give that a try. Is there another scroll-wheel mouse that DOES work under Catalina >Yes there are many of them

hope this helps

john b

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2020 9:48 AM in response to RickKruse

there is a newer version of the software for your G500 mouse, available here:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-ca/articles/360024850633--Downloads-Gaming-Mouse-G500

it does support Catalina. Give that a try. Is there another scroll-wheel mouse that DOES work under Catalina >Yes there are many of them

hope this helps

john b

Mar 31, 2020 9:58 AM in response to Johnb-one

Hi John, Thanks for the reply.

I do have the most recent Logitech software installed. Did not resolve the issue.

As for other wheeled rodents that DO work with Catalina, I'll keep looking, but so far I have not seen any that specifically state that their scroll wheel absolutely works with Catalina (please recall that this mouse scroll wheel worked just fine until Catalina update, thus I'm skeptical about any device that does not specifically state it works with 10.15. ). If you have a preference I'd be most appreciative if you'd share it.

Thanks again,

Rick

Mar 31, 2020 11:51 AM in response to Johnb-one

Hi John,

I had tried that reset too, no luck. Even the Logitech software only recognizes the scroll wheel as a button, though like I said it did use to work. As I also said, no joy on any help from Logitech either, nor from their forums. Probably time to find a different rodent, so I do appreciate you pointing to Kensington.

I most sincerely appreciate your help. Have a great day!

Rick

How do I get a Logitech G500 mouse scroll wheel to work under Catalina 10.15.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.