You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error: This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred

I just installed a fresh copy of High Sierra on my iMac (I upgraded to an ssd in the machine), everything is working well except for Safari. I'm using Safari Version 13.1

I keep getting the message "Error: This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred" on MANY websites, it will reload again and then the page will go blank with the message "A problem repeatedly occurred with "http://whicheverwebsiteI'mtryingload""

I have no extensions installed. I've tried many of the reported fixes. I have the latest version of Java installed.

Emptying the Caches through the developer menu

Cleared Safari History

Removed All Website Data in "Manage Website Data..."

Deleted the Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

NONE of it worked.

I'm at wits end, not sure what else to do. I have a MacBook Pro and another iMac on the same network and it's not having any of the issues that Safari is having on this one iMac.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 1:20 PM

4 replies

Error: This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.