You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Randomly Disconnect

My AirPods randomly disconnect while listening to Music while taking a walk in a residential neighborhood with no wi-Fi's close by. Why? Sometimes good for 10 or more minutes and other times 2-3 disconnects in 2-3 minutes.

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 7:43 PM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2020 6:28 AM in response to alexofsb

Hello alexofsb,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

It is my understanding that when you are walking a residential neighborhood where no Wi-Fi is close by your AirPods disconnect from your iPhone. This article has some steps to help your AirPods stay connected including resetting them if necessary:

If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

Regards.

Apr 3, 2020 4:17 PM in response to rose_10

Thank you Sarah, but that's not quite my problem and maybe I was not too clear. I only mentioned Wi-Fi in the neighborhood while walking was I thought maybe that was some kind of interference with the Bluetooth, but probably unlikely. Overall: The charging and use in and out of the AirPods case are all fine. The light for charging comes on, etc. No problems there. Next when I remove from case, put in them in my ears they always (start to) work just fine. It is after I am walking maybe 2, 4, 6, 8 minutes (always random time frames), they suddenly disconnect. Music stops. Have to take out my iPhone and restart the song I was listening to in my Music App. Real annoyance. I have gone through the Resetting process to no avail.

AirPods Randomly Disconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.