You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Requirement

I keep having a verification requirement pop up on my phone saying a payment had to be made When the apps I’m trying to download are free and I do not have a credit card or anything so how can I get this to stop and let me download again ???

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2020 12:35 PM

You must have a valid payment method in your iTunes account, even to download free apps. If you have no outstanding balances, no subscriptions and no apps that offer in-app purchases you can remove the payment method from your account, but if you don’t meet these requirements you must have a payment method. In addition, if you do have a payment method it must be valid and not have expired.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2020 12:35 PM in response to brittani95

You must have a valid payment method in your iTunes account, even to download free apps. If you have no outstanding balances, no subscriptions and no apps that offer in-app purchases you can remove the payment method from your account, but if you don’t meet these requirements you must have a payment method. In addition, if you do have a payment method it must be valid and not have expired.

Verification Requirement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.