You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow iCloud download

Why is the download for iCloud on my Windows 10 PC taking so long?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 8:53 AM

1 reply

Apr 5, 2020 8:15 AM in response to eliz_2020

Hello eliz_2020,

I understand the download for iCloud for Windows is taking a long time on your PC. I'm happy to help you out with this.

It's hard to say for sure why the download is taking a long time on your particular computer. The most likely culprit may be your internet connection. Slower connection speeds will make downloads take longer. If you're connected to the internet through Wi-Fi, you may want to try connecting via an ethernet cable if possible. If connecting to ethernet isn't an option, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network. Also, make sure you're downloading the app directly from the Microsoft Store and not anywhere else: iCloud - Microsoft. You may want to check with Microsoft to make sure the store hasn’t been down while you were attempting to download the app.

Once you get it downloaded successfully, this support article will help you set everything up: Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Slow iCloud download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.