You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen won't auto-rotate for certain apps/websites - 1Pad 6

My iPad won't rotate to horizontal in certain apps, particularly Hoopla, which offers e-books by streaming. My screen rotation switch is unlocked. I can only use the app in the vertical position. Is there anyway to force rotation, perhaps through another app? Thanks.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 2:00 PM

If the app/s developer/s have not coded their app/s to rotate, then there is nothing to be done

Especially if the app is strictly an app only made/coded for iPhone/iPod Touch and there is real no iPad version of an app OR the app is not made/coded to be completely universal app across all iOS devices.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2020 2:00 PM in response to J1-Helena

If the app/s developer/s have not coded their app/s to rotate, then there is nothing to be done

Especially if the app is strictly an app only made/coded for iPhone/iPod Touch and there is real no iPad version of an app OR the app is not made/coded to be completely universal app across all iOS devices.

Screen won't auto-rotate for certain apps/websites - 1Pad 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.