You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover the photos I had in the iPhone 7 that was stolen?? This is very important to me, please helppppp

hi Dear'

My iPhone 7 was stolen, and I have to the pictures that were inside it. I thought the pictures were backed up by me on google Photos , but they were not in inside .. really weird.

I open Apple's pictures and the picturs does not appear .. Anyone know what I can do ?? Because I'm almost sure it's an back up in Apple's cloud ..

It's really important to me, it's pictures from the last four years. I would be very happy to help.

Thank you!

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 2:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 2:46 PM

If you had iCloud Photos turned on (or are not sure), use a computer browser and log into iCloud.com and check the Photos app there. If the photos are there, they will automatically sync to a replacement device when you turn on iCloud Photos in it: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If the photos aren't there, did you have iCloud Backup turned on? If so you can use the backup to set up a new device: Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2020 2:46 PM in response to bracha_g

If you had iCloud Photos turned on (or are not sure), use a computer browser and log into iCloud.com and check the Photos app there. If the photos are there, they will automatically sync to a replacement device when you turn on iCloud Photos in it: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If the photos aren't there, did you have iCloud Backup turned on? If so you can use the backup to set up a new device: Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apr 3, 2020 7:19 AM in response to bracha_g

If you had iCloud Backup turned on and had space available on iCloud then there is probably a backup. You can't view the contents of the backup but can use it to set up a new device.

If you have any other Apple devices or if you have a Windows PC with iCloud for Windows installed you can use the following instructions to see if there is a backup (but again, you can't see the contents of it, only whether it exists and the size).Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Apr 3, 2020 2:18 AM in response to FoxFifth

hi'

first thank you so much for the Comment !!

i go to iCloud.com/Photos, and the photes are not there... :(

my iCloud Backup turned on, But I had no place on the Iphone- so maybe because that not Backup?

And according to what you wrote to me at the end (I don't have a new iPhone now) only if I buy a new one can I know if it backed up my photos?

How can I recover the photos I had in the iPhone 7 that was stolen?? This is very important to me, please helppppp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.