You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Motion Keyframes not exporting through to Final Cut

Hey there, I'm editing a "Final Cut Title" project in Motion 5.4.5.

I'm using it to create an adjustment layer effect to be used in FCPX that I can drag above any clip and it affect the clip below.

I have a "roll" effect (from Bad TV) which I have keyframed to work exactly how I would like. When I save the project however, everything saves into FCPX great apart from the keyframes. The roll is just set to 100 as a default in FCPX.

Is there a way to make these keyframes save across to FCPX so that when I drag the adjustment layer I've just created the keyframes effect the footage as desired?

Cheers!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 2:23 PM

Hi

This is because you published the parameter that has key frames applied. FCPX will ignore any keyframes on the parameter that is published.

If you want to animate the roll, but then also let the user adjust the parameters of the animation, you should use behaviors instead. You can animate parameters with a behavior but also publish the behavior controls for user to access in FCPX.

To make a value move from A value to B value, the ramp behavior is good for that.

I am around all day, if you need help with this we can work it out.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 3, 2020 2:23 PM in response to TheFraserJames

Hi

This is because you published the parameter that has key frames applied. FCPX will ignore any keyframes on the parameter that is published.

If you want to animate the roll, but then also let the user adjust the parameters of the animation, you should use behaviors instead. You can animate parameters with a behavior but also publish the behavior controls for user to access in FCPX.

To make a value move from A value to B value, the ramp behavior is good for that.

I am around all day, if you need help with this we can work it out.

Apple Motion Keyframes not exporting through to Final Cut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.