You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add music to keynote

I created a presentation in keynote

It plays fine

Tried to add music to it

Files shows up in keynote, but there's no audio

When I click on the play button, nothing happens

The audio plays everywhere else but in keynote

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Apr 3, 2020 12:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 1:36 PM

Hi fabtique,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you are having problems adding audio to your Keynote slides.

"Video and audio files must be in a format that QuickTime supports on your Mac. If you can’t add or play a video or audio file, try using iMovie, QuickTime Player, or Compressor to convert the file to an MPEG-4 file (with a .m4a filename extension) for audio, or a QuickTime file (with a .mov filename extension) for video."

You'll find this and additional information linked below.

* Add existing video and audio in Keynote on Mac

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2020 1:36 PM in response to fabtique

Hi fabtique,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you are having problems adding audio to your Keynote slides.

"Video and audio files must be in a format that QuickTime supports on your Mac. If you can’t add or play a video or audio file, try using iMovie, QuickTime Player, or Compressor to convert the file to an MPEG-4 file (with a .m4a filename extension) for audio, or a QuickTime file (with a .mov filename extension) for video."

You'll find this and additional information linked below.

* Add existing video and audio in Keynote on Mac

Cheers!

add music to keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.