You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t allow the microphone for the apps

for example: I’m trying to find a song from Shazam(an app) but it’s requested the access but when i went to the setting i can’t find it, i’ve searched in the privacy and the app icon in the sittings but i can’t find it

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 5:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 2:27 PM

Greetings RayanAbdulaziz,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to locate the setting to allow access to the microphone for app on your iPhone.

I suggest checking the Screen Time restrictions on your device, as the microphone may be restricted. Check out the "Allow changes to privacy settings" section of the following support article: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue isn't related to Screen Time restrictions, then ensure you're viewing the proper setting to allow access to the microphone: Change app access to information on iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue persists, test the behavior after reinstalling the app: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2020 2:27 PM in response to RayanAbdulaziz

Greetings RayanAbdulaziz,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to locate the setting to allow access to the microphone for app on your iPhone.

I suggest checking the Screen Time restrictions on your device, as the microphone may be restricted. Check out the "Allow changes to privacy settings" section of the following support article: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue isn't related to Screen Time restrictions, then ensure you're viewing the proper setting to allow access to the microphone: Change app access to information on iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue persists, test the behavior after reinstalling the app: How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.