You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

auto login catalina

FIRST:

1. yes I've unlocked the user and groups area
  2. yes i clicked my name (admins name) under automatic long and put in the password.
  3. yes i checked that the "disable automatic login" under security and privacy was UNCHECKED...
  4. all of the options under "display login window as" are UNCHECKED
  5. "display login window as" is set to "list of users" i only have 2 options there and neither are an option for "nothing". It's either "list of users" or "name and password"

when my computer starts, i get my photo and the password field... (list of users)

i've tried to reset it multiple times now and still the same thing happens.

this computer is the brain to my network and when it gets restarted for ANY reason there are applications that HAVE to startup (i have them set to automatic startup) or other computers on my network won't be able to function correctly.

Catalina 10.15.3

Late 2012 Mac Mini

2.3GHZ quad core I7

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 9:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 9:45 AM

ok scratch that... found a forum deep in the web and 1 person out of 120 pages mentioned to change the system password to something other than what the iCloud password was and that fixed my issue.

interesting that there isn't more information about this out there, i've been looking for a LONG time now

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2020 9:45 AM in response to BlueCollarJim

ok scratch that... found a forum deep in the web and 1 person out of 120 pages mentioned to change the system password to something other than what the iCloud password was and that fixed my issue.

interesting that there isn't more information about this out there, i've been looking for a LONG time now

auto login catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.