You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Heart Rate Pausing during Workouts

When I'm working out, my heart rate monitor on my Apple Watch series 4 often pauses and can't track my heart rate. I've trouble shooter every possible thing and this is my second watch I've had that has done the same thing. My last watch was covered under warranty so I ended up getting a new one and I have continued to have the same issue. Does anyone have a solution? I'm attaching a picture of my workout from today. The heart rate monitor seems to stop tracking anytime my hr spiked.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 5:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 3:18 PM

The only advice I can give is in steps 4 & 5 of:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Although it may not help, the first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2020 3:18 PM in response to annarp3

The only advice I can give is in steps 4 & 5 of:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Although it may not help, the first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Apple Watch Heart Rate Pausing during Workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.