You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Recovery Error -2002F

I have a mid-2013 MacBook Air and it decided to crash every time it started up. So I pressed Command-R to go into internet recovery and I wait and wait until it says -2002F. What can I do?

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 11:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 12:48 PM

I hope you have this fixed by now. If now here is what I did to fix the problem. Believe it or not I talked to the Apple Help technicians and she had me reset my cable modem and my wireless router. Then I did the recovery again, and it magically worked. The 2002F error means it is having trouble connecting and communicating on your network. I hope this works for you.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2020 12:48 PM in response to GlennGaming246

I hope you have this fixed by now. If now here is what I did to fix the problem. Believe it or not I talked to the Apple Help technicians and she had me reset my cable modem and my wireless router. Then I did the recovery again, and it magically worked. The 2002F error means it is having trouble connecting and communicating on your network. I hope this works for you.

Internet Recovery Error -2002F

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.