You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my macbook

I dropped my MacBook off the bed. It was on sleep mode and feel flat. It had no physical signs of problems aside from 2 minor dents in bottom corners of surface case. When I turned it on trackpad was virtually unresponsive and this happened to the screen. My top case was changed but the problem is exactly the same. Can you help?

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 1:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 3:27 PM

Depending on your location, you may be able to contact Apple for repair service

to your portable mac; and they could send you a box ~ to return the macbook in.

• Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

4 replies

Apr 8, 2020 3:38 PM in response to Emmasg31

Ah, that's no good! I typically see issues like this when there are damaged cables/connections rather than a broken screen. People used to be able to service Apple products on their own, however, these newer MacBooks are known for being all but unrepairable by the average user. Like the others said, scheduling an appointment with Apple would be your best bet. Unfortunately, it may be some time before they are able to repair your laptop due to current concerns regarding Covid-19.

Apr 8, 2020 8:08 PM in response to Emmasg31

This happens 2-3/month & everything’s been fine aside from one of the ports that something was plugged into. I’m sure our hard drives are hating us but truthfully I haven’t seen my screen look like that since it had alcohol damage (current mac doesn’t drink). I would plug your computer in & BACK UP. You know this Mac is sad. Then shutdown, zap p ram & restart. Possibly if you leave it off for a day or 2 (make sure it has at least some charge) it could go back to normal, at least for awhile. I’ve seen it happen. Not sure about the newer ones though. Good luck

I dropped my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.