You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open a LaunchExcel.yLaunch document on my Macbook Pro?

Hello,

When I download a file from a specific platform, it downloads as "LaunchExcel.yLaunch." When I try to open this file as an Excel document, it opens with random numbers and letters. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 2:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 8:34 PM

Consider the possibility that platform isn't saving that file in a format Excel can recognize. Opening it should be as simple as anything else. It may be compressed, in which case you have to uncompress it first: Compress or uncompress files and folders on Mac.

Review Safari troubleshooting on Mac - Apple Support, including If you can’t download an item from the web using Safari on Mac. For example if you installed any Safari plug-ins or Extensions, try removing or disabling them. Read If you need to disable or block a Safari plug-in on Mac. No plug-ins or Extensions are required for normal operation.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2020 8:34 PM in response to halo1123

Consider the possibility that platform isn't saving that file in a format Excel can recognize. Opening it should be as simple as anything else. It may be compressed, in which case you have to uncompress it first: Compress or uncompress files and folders on Mac.

Review Safari troubleshooting on Mac - Apple Support, including If you can’t download an item from the web using Safari on Mac. For example if you installed any Safari plug-ins or Extensions, try removing or disabling them. Read If you need to disable or block a Safari plug-in on Mac. No plug-ins or Extensions are required for normal operation.

How do I open a LaunchExcel.yLaunch document on my Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.