You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Apple ID error

I reset my Apple ID but the old I’d is still popping up to verify but doesn’t exist. How can I fix this?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 5:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 5:32 PM

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

Another possibility - check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2020 5:32 PM in response to Lincolncountyoem

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

Another possibility - check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Apr 8, 2020 6:37 PM in response to Lincolncountyoem

Did you delete the old ID? What do you mean by it doesn't exist?

If necessary, if you are the original owner, contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt with the serial number/paperwork.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  (Link doesn’t always load)   

Get Support      Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

Or fill out and submit  iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support    The form is for iTunes, but will get passed to the ID Support section. 

Apr 8, 2020 6:49 PM in response to Lincolncountyoem

Since the agency has the receipt, contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt with the serial number/paperwork.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  (Link doesn’t always load)   

Get Support      Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

Apr 8, 2020 6:46 PM in response to Eric Root

Ok, so the iPad belongs to the agency I work for. It is a government agency and I recently took over in this position. The old email that the Apple ID was created on no longer exists and has been replaced. So in turn, the Apple ID was deleted and reset to the new email. Now the iPad recognizes the new Apple ID but wants to verify the old one which does not exist. It reminds me of this by pop ups saying that very thing. My agency has the original receipt and all that. I even found the original password but it still says that it doesn’t recognize the old ID as an existing Apple ID.. in settings it recommends to update iCloud and something else but they seem to be emotionally attached to the old ID LOL. SO IM STUCK 😭

Old Apple ID error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.