You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! I accidentally restored Macintosh HD to OS X Base System. Didn't know that would

Help! I accidentally restored Macintosh HD to OS X Base System. Didn't know that would cause issues... I can only open my laptop through the Command+R thing with macOS Installer.

I was just trying to delete everything and start my Macbook fresh. I tried to re-install OS X Sierra, and it keeps failing. When I go to disk utility under internal, there's no Macintosh HD there's only OS X Base System.

Tried to ask Apple Support for help and they first told me to try first aid and that failed.

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 3:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 4:05 PM

I tried to install OS X but now I keep getting the ? Mark flashing symbol .

I tried to and when got to the system recovery spinning globe, after asking for my WiFi password to be typed, ! I attempted to type the password, ! Keys are not typing correct letters now ,

4 replies

Help! I accidentally restored Macintosh HD to OS X Base System. Didn't know that would

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.