You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos software...adding to a Shared Album from another Album

How can I add photos to a Shared Album from one of my other albums? When I drag a group of photos, this sometimes works but other times a message tells me "an internet connection is required." Not sure why BUT I have an internet connection up and working.

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 9:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 7:52 AM

What does the status bar show in Photos - below the Moments?

Is it still uploading your library to iCloud?

See: About the status bar in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

Does your Photos Library fit into the available cloud storage? If you have not been aware, tat Photos is syncing with iCloud and are using more storage than you have signed up for, Photos may not be able to download your photos from iCloud.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 13, 2020 7:52 AM in response to Tom Eggum

What does the status bar show in Photos - below the Moments?

Is it still uploading your library to iCloud?

See: About the status bar in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

Does your Photos Library fit into the available cloud storage? If you have not been aware, tat Photos is syncing with iCloud and are using more storage than you have signed up for, Photos may not be able to download your photos from iCloud.

Apr 13, 2020 6:47 AM in response to Old Toad

Good morning. Thanks for responding.

I am running Mojave 10.14.6. (I upgraded to Catalina a few months ago, had trouble with critical software that didn’t accommodate the new operating system. So I downgraded back to Mojave and have had a variety of problems since, maybe related to the back and forth changes.)

I am running Photos 4.0 (346.7140).

I don’t know if I have the iCloud Library enabled in the library. (I searched for iCloud Library unsuccessfully.)

In Photos Preferences, I have “Download Originals to this Mac” checked, not “Optimize Mac Storage.” I have plenty of space on my mac. 

I don’t remember where managed vs. referenced library info. resides. Sorry.

My library is located on my Mac drive.

Photos software...adding to a Shared Album from another Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.