You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages unable to get online for Collaboration

Hi team,

I'm running OSCatalina 10.15.4 with Pages v10.0 on a 2019 MB Pro and I'm running into a problem with the Collaboration feature in Pages.

I, Apple Account A, have been added to a pages collaboration hosted by Apple Account B. Apple Account B is a 2014 MB Air running OSCatalina 10.15.4 with Pages V10.0.

Both Apple Accounts A and B are using the same home wifi access, wifi works as it should.

Both Apple Accounts A and B have plenty of iCloud storage, both have pages synced to iCloud and both have access to the collaborative document with editing permissions. But when the document is opened on Apple Account A (2019 MB Pro), the "Collaborate" icon just spins and I am unable to make adjustments or view live changes.

Eventually I get a red error icon on the "Collaborate" icon and a display message of "You're offline. Until this document has synced with iCloud, offline edits won't be included when you share, copy or export from the finder".

As soon as the document is closed and opened again, I instantly see any changes made by colleagues - even changes made within the last second before opening the file. But as soon as the file is open, its unable to show updates and tells me the document is offline.

Apple Account B has a working "Collaboration" icon and is able to see who has access and make live adjustments.

I have tried hosting the document from Apple Account A and giving collaborative permission to Apple Account B, but the same issue arises. Apple Account B is able to edit the document online and Apple Account A is unable to edit the document as it is "offline". It doesn't matter who hosts, or who is added as a collaborator - Apple Account A is always unable to edit and get the document online.

What can I do to fix this?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 12:59 PM

The IP address, and host names of both Macs must be unique on that same home network.

Review these two Apple items, and compare with your Account A and Account B settings.

There is a dedicated Pages for Mac Support Community. where this should have been posted.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2020 12:59 PM in response to Harrypavis

The IP address, and host names of both Macs must be unique on that same home network.

Review these two Apple items, and compare with your Account A and Account B settings.

There is a dedicated Pages for Mac Support Community. where this should have been posted.

Apr 12, 2020 1:12 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for your help.

Both Apple Accounts A and B have separate IP addresses. I've tried on neighbouring Wifi's, various different hotspots and with and without VPN's. Still no luck.

The only constant is I cannot live collaborate with the file with Apple Account A.

I have however discovered I can live edit the document when I visit iCloud.com and login to pages through my Apple ID.

But I'd much rather open the file and edit while using Finder instead.

Pages unable to get online for Collaboration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.