You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

I have all apple products and am connected to the same iCloud on all devices. On my iMac I have four photo albums, don't know how this happened, At the present time when I take pictures on my iPhone they go to iCloud but not to my iMac, I have tried all four albums but new pictures are not showing up on any album. I have checked and verified that my iMac is connected to iCloud as other programs are working, texting etc. When I check my MacBook Pro I fins all the pictures. What am Doing wrong on my iMac. Thanks for any help you can provide

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 8:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 7:05 AM

Hi Snyder22,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with iCloud Photos on your iMac, and I'd like to do what I can to help.

This is unusual that one device would not show all of your photos synced through iCloud, but all the others do. Have you checked the available space on your iMac? See used and available storage space on your Mac

Have you also restarted your iMac lately? If not, go ahead and do that, as a restart can resolve unusual issues.

If there is enough space, and the setting in Apple  Logo > System Preferences > Apple ID (Or iCloud, if not on macOS Catalina) show that iCloud Photos is enabled, then you can turn off Photos and turn them back on again. Give iCloud some time to sync all photos while you stay connected to the internet.

There is some additional information here: Get help with iCloud Photos and here: Use Photos on your Mac

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2020 7:05 AM in response to Snyder22

Hi Snyder22,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with iCloud Photos on your iMac, and I'd like to do what I can to help.

This is unusual that one device would not show all of your photos synced through iCloud, but all the others do. Have you checked the available space on your iMac? See used and available storage space on your Mac

Have you also restarted your iMac lately? If not, go ahead and do that, as a restart can resolve unusual issues.

If there is enough space, and the setting in Apple  Logo > System Preferences > Apple ID (Or iCloud, if not on macOS Catalina) show that iCloud Photos is enabled, then you can turn off Photos and turn them back on again. Give iCloud some time to sync all photos while you stay connected to the internet.

There is some additional information here: Get help with iCloud Photos and here: Use Photos on your Mac

Take care!

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.