You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color filters and gradients

I have a MacBook Pro running Mojave V10.14.6 I have seen a YouTube tutorial in which iMovie has a menu of Color Filters and Gradients but my copy of iMovie doesn't offer this menu. Is it a plug-in, or is there another reason why I can't see it?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 6:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 8:06 AM

There is no such "Color Filters and Gradients" menu in iMove 10. Your screen shot depicts a selected project under Project Media, that is titled "Color Filters and Gradients". If the project had been titled "My Movie 23" then "My Movie 23" would have been displayed in the bar located above the media browser.

The various filters and color controls are accessed from the tool bar at the upper right of your screen.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2020 8:06 AM in response to SuzukiJLX1998

There is no such "Color Filters and Gradients" menu in iMove 10. Your screen shot depicts a selected project under Project Media, that is titled "Color Filters and Gradients". If the project had been titled "My Movie 23" then "My Movie 23" would have been displayed in the bar located above the media browser.

The various filters and color controls are accessed from the tool bar at the upper right of your screen.

-- Rich

Apr 15, 2020 9:24 AM in response to SuzukiJLX1998

With respect, it is a project name not a menu. You can see in your screen shot the name of the project, "Color Filters and Gradients", at the top middle of the screen. Under the Project Media heading at the top of the sidebar is displayed the name of the project, "Color Filters and Gradients", and when selected as shown in your screen shot, the project name "Color Filters and Gradients" will be displayed in the bar above the browser.

You screen shot is of an iMovie 10 project. I can assure you that in no other previous versions of iMovie 10 was there ever a

Color Filters and Gradients menu item.

-- Rich

Color filters and gradients

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.