You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch Series 5 froze

I got my new watch two days ago. Today, while it was charging it froze showing the time next to the digital crown instead of showing the time as it regularly does. I took it off its charger and tried to shut it down but the screen stayed frozen. It was stuck like that until I removed the band. It took me a few minutes for it to work again. This is worrisome because the watch is brand new. Please help, I don' want this to happen again.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 6:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 6:55 AM

If you see this;

The watch is in power reserve mode,put the watch on the charger for a few hours and if it stays on this screen then try this after it's had a good charge;

To force reset your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2020 6:55 AM in response to nicoleg05

If you see this;

The watch is in power reserve mode,put the watch on the charger for a few hours and if it stays on this screen then try this after it's had a good charge;

To force reset your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

My Apple Watch Series 5 froze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.