You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kindle app not working properly on my iPad

Kindle app on my iPad is not allowing me to go back to my library page. I can swipe through pages of the book I am reading but tapping the screen will not work to return to library

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 8:09 AM

You might first attempt a forced-restart of your iPad - as this often resolves an isolated issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the restart fails to resolve the problem, you should delete the Kindle App from your iPad, restart (as before), then reinstall the Kindle App.

I hope you find this to be helpful in resolving the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2020 8:09 AM in response to dianneben

You might first attempt a forced-restart of your iPad - as this often resolves an isolated issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the restart fails to resolve the problem, you should delete the Kindle App from your iPad, restart (as before), then reinstall the Kindle App.

I hope you find this to be helpful in resolving the problem.

Kindle app not working properly on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.