You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic Playlist Sync

I have an iPod classic which I would like to sync certain playlists to. But I can not now. The playlists are not even listed as an option. I go into "Sync Settings" to "Manually manage music, movies, and tv shows." I then tab over to "Music" and the playlists I want to sync are not listed. Even though they are on my Apple Music and I have synced them before to this same iPod classic. I know that certain songs that are NOT purchased can not be synced to the iPod classic. But this is not the issue this time.

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 5:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 10:32 AM

See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support.

tt2

6 replies

Apr 16, 2020 11:45 AM in response to QuickPost

I have an iPod classic, which, when I plug it in to my computer, Apple Music will only allow me to select a small selection of my music library to add on to the iPod. Many of my playlists and about 90% of my music tracks are not available to select. I like to manually manage the selection that is added to the iPod classic, and I have done this in the past. But it seems that I am unable to do this now. Or maybe there is a way to do it with the new MacOS.

Apr 18, 2020 4:51 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you. I am aware of this. In this specific situation, the music content that I am attempting to upload to my iPod classic is my own music that has been either purchased or uploaded to iTunes via CD. Also, in this specific situation, some of the playlists that are available for me to select to upload to my iPod are playlists that contain Apple Music tracks (unable to upload).

iPod Classic Playlist Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.