You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help to restore an iPhone 7

Hey, I have an iPhone 7 and I forgot my password I tried restoring it but it keeps telling me there's an unknown error (9006). Also since my phone had no battery left when it opened again the internet (WiFi) went off automatically. What else can I do to access to my phone or restore it? Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 9:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 10:09 PM

Error 9006 in iTunes while attempting to restore an iPhone generally means network connection error. I suppose that the WiFi network connection was working fine when you were attempting to restore. If that was the case then -

1. Make sure that you are using an Apple Approved USB to Lightning Cord and that the USB port on your computer is functioning.
  2. Deactivate any virus protection program that may be active during the time of restoration.

Then try the restore process again.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2020 10:09 PM in response to 5465fgchgfhg

Error 9006 in iTunes while attempting to restore an iPhone generally means network connection error. I suppose that the WiFi network connection was working fine when you were attempting to restore. If that was the case then -

1. Make sure that you are using an Apple Approved USB to Lightning Cord and that the USB port on your computer is functioning.
  2. Deactivate any virus protection program that may be active during the time of restoration.

Then try the restore process again.

Axel F.

Help to restore an iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.