You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac and bose Soundlink

Having updated to Catalina 10.15.4 I no longer can used a Bose Soundlink Air 20/30. Bose tells me that they no longer offer drivers to compensate. This good speaker is, after only five year, no longer useful for wifi connection. A workaround, Anker Soundsync, works, receiving wifi and producing audio for the hifi system. The signal is weak. Is there any other workaround possible?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 6:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 1:58 PM

Correct, Bose should be updating their own products to work with other updated products on the market, instead of just worrying about how to get new money from new customers.

I had a similar issue with Bose and will not buy any more of their products, regardless of how much they try to hype their products.

Customer service should be job one.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 28, 2020 1:58 PM in response to pinpoker

Correct, Bose should be updating their own products to work with other updated products on the market, instead of just worrying about how to get new money from new customers.

I had a similar issue with Bose and will not buy any more of their products, regardless of how much they try to hype their products.

Customer service should be job one.

Apr 22, 2020 7:52 AM in response to jack Eames

No. I called Bose (I'm in Italy) and they said that the driver for the SoundLink 20/30 did not exist. It seems to have to do with upgrading to Catalina (which went from 32 to 64 Bytes). In another computer with Mojave, I haven't got that computer to recognize the presence of the speaker, when I attempt to install it on that one. The speaker in question was purchased in 2015 (at a Macintosh store here in Rome)-

Mac and bose Soundlink

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.