You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart invert not working Safari in iOS 13.4.1

I updated iPhone 8 to iOS 13.4.1 and Smart Invert stopped working in Safari websites. Dark mode doesn’t work either.

I have restarted the phone and I’m still having the problem.

Is Apple aware of this and is there a fix?Thanks in advance.

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 8:56 PM

Same. Smart invert does not work with dark mode enabled.

You have to disable dark mode for smart invert to work correctly, which is ridiculous.

I expect web pages to invert with smart invert enabled, regardless of dark mode being on.

4 replies

Apr 19, 2020 1:13 AM in response to jawnlongwhale

Hi all, thanks for your feedback.

jawnlongwhale - that worked.

The prior release 13.4.0 would automatically adjust my screen when I would triple-hit the home button, selecting the Smart Invert shortcut. Now, when I do this, I need to disable Dark Mode, which is in my Control Center and then it works. However, I still get an eyeful of brightness in the interim.

i agree, it should automatically disable dark mode, like it used to. Maybe in the next update they will reinstate this. Or better yet, integrate Smart Invert into Dark Mode so you no longer need the former.

Have a good day

Smart invert not working Safari in iOS 13.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.