You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Connecting to Apple ID Server

Hi, I am trying to set up a new MacBook Air and at the screen where I enter my Apple ID & password, it keeps saying "There was an error connecting to the Apple ID Server." and I cannot get any further. Any thoughts? Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 5:05 AM

Hello Sherlock820,

Welcome to the Apple Support Community!

Try following these steps to help resolve your problem:

• Take a look at Apple’s System Status to ensure Apple Servers aren’t experiencing any issues
  • Check that you’re connected to WiFi
  • Try using a different WiFi network or switch to your cellular data network (and temporarily turn off WiFi)
  • If using a public WiFi network or a WiFi network that’s limited or restricted like at your workplace, try using Cellular Data instead or use a personal hotspot
  • If you own another Apple device like an iPad, iPod, or Mac, generate a verification code on that device to enter into the other device
  • Use one Apple ID for all Apple Services or toggle off any services (like FaceTime, Game Center, and Messages App) that use a different Apple ID
  • Set your Date & Time to Set Automatically
  • Restart or force restart your iDevice
  • Try logging out of your Apple ID and then logging back in
  • Sign out of the Apple ID in Settings >iTunes & App Store, wait 30 seconds, and sign back in
  • Go to Apple ID’s website and reset your Apple ID account password and try with this updated password
  • Turn off any advertising (adblocker) or Content Blockers
  • Temporarily disable any VPN

Let me know if you need anymore help :)

Thanks, EpicX

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2020 5:05 AM in response to Sherlock820

Hello Sherlock820,

Welcome to the Apple Support Community!

Try following these steps to help resolve your problem:

• Take a look at Apple’s System Status to ensure Apple Servers aren’t experiencing any issues
  • Check that you’re connected to WiFi
  • Try using a different WiFi network or switch to your cellular data network (and temporarily turn off WiFi)
  • If using a public WiFi network or a WiFi network that’s limited or restricted like at your workplace, try using Cellular Data instead or use a personal hotspot
  • If you own another Apple device like an iPad, iPod, or Mac, generate a verification code on that device to enter into the other device
  • Use one Apple ID for all Apple Services or toggle off any services (like FaceTime, Game Center, and Messages App) that use a different Apple ID
  • Set your Date & Time to Set Automatically
  • Restart or force restart your iDevice
  • Try logging out of your Apple ID and then logging back in
  • Sign out of the Apple ID in Settings >iTunes & App Store, wait 30 seconds, and sign back in
  • Go to Apple ID’s website and reset your Apple ID account password and try with this updated password
  • Turn off any advertising (adblocker) or Content Blockers
  • Temporarily disable any VPN

Let me know if you need anymore help :)

Thanks, EpicX

Error Connecting to Apple ID Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.