You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S dies at 30-40% battery

I have an iPhone 6S which I have had for a little over a year now and is currently at 89% maximum capacity. For the last two weeks now the phone will not drop below 30-40%. The phone gets to around 38% battery life, dies then turns itself on at 14% battery life by which time it immediately dies.

Does anyone one have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 7:26 AM

8 replies

Apr 23, 2020 9:39 AM in response to deggie

Is this my only option now? Unfortunately my warranty has expired so I will have to pay for a new battery. The battery life appears to be getting worse. My phone now dies at 45% rather than at 30% like it used to. It then comes back at 45% when I charge it up again.

One thing to consider is that my lightening cable is frayed and I am only charging the phone in short bursts I’d say 20% at a time as I’m scared about both the phone and the charger overheating. If I bought a new lightning cable and charged the phone up to 100% would that make the battery problem subside?

Apr 28, 2020 2:45 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

That's really helpful. When the phone runs out of battery now it turns on at 54% instead of 30% initially, which means it’s going up very fast.

I worry that the phone will eventually, immediately go up to 100% battery life when I charge it by which time the battery will die as soon as I unplug it.

Is this a realistic possibility?

I tried changing the phone up to 100% using a different cable but unfortunately this did not help my situation.

iPhone 6S dies at 30-40% battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.