You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air 2017's new version Catalina(10.15.4)

Recently I updated my macbook air. It updated and restarted. After opening, I saw there was an update available. But it already took my 8.23 GB storage. On the otherhand, my macbook is not updated. Now what should I do?

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 7:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 7:09 AM

Did you run the installer after downloading it? Just getting it doesn't install. Sounds like you did, but I'm not certain from your description.

What does it say in About this Mac?

Is the Install macOS Catalina installer still in your Applications folder?

14 replies

Apr 19, 2020 7:18 AM in response to ibtisam26

First, make sure what version is currently installed. Go to the Apple menu, and choose About this Mac.

Also, how much free space do you have?

One common problem these days is that the system drive can be just too full to install the update.

8.23GB, wherever you saw that figure, is not enough. You need at least some 20GB of free space just for normal working of the system.

Apr 20, 2020 2:26 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Whaaaat?! 😨

I've been using MacBooks for 3 years now !

The fact that you think I'd be thinking of posting spam here is truly disheartening for me. That wasn't my intention at all !

I would like to say that I am in no way related to any app endorsement, let alone any Malware.

When Catalina came out in October, I was super excited to get the new update and the first time I downloaded it, the installation failed and my system went back to Mojave but the storage was still being used. Same happened to a friend of mine in college.

The only thing that worked was using the cleaner in CleanMyMac to remove system junk. I just thought that making a detailed post for what helped me would help out ibtisam26 but clearly you do not want me anywhere near here.

I mean, spam? Ouch. You could've just said that you don't recommend installing anything but you straight up reported me.

What'd I do wrong? 😭😫

Macbook air 2017's new version Catalina(10.15.4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.