You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop

I have an Imac (mid 2011) that has airdrop showing, however, on purchasing a new Imac I am not able to airdrop between them? The new one has picked up phone and ipad no problem but I can't get it to work on the old one. I have seen somewhere that I should be able to do this can anyone throw any light on this please? I have done the usual turn off wifi and blue tooth, restarted mac etc, any help 'greatly' appreciated

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 1:45 AM

3 replies

Apr 20, 2020 2:47 AM in response to I_have_NO_clue

Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

Make sure that your devices meet these requirements:

• Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
  • Each Mac was introduced in 2012 or later (excluding the 2012 Mac Pro) and is using OS X Yosemite or later. To find out, choose Apple menu  > About This Mac. 

Airdrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.