You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Hub shows "Standby" on iPhone

I have one HomeKit Hub on my Apple TV. It has had an automation that has been set up since I got the Apple TV years ago. The location automation is working to turn outside lights on when I arrive home. I want to change this automation to add another light. I have tried to do this using the Home app on my iPhone. I can enter the change, but upon clicking "Done" to save the change I get the message "Could not edit "Location Automation". At the top of the Location Automation pane it says "Home hub not connected. To ensure your automations run as expected, connect a home hub." Yet on the Homes & Bridges pane under Home Hubs is listed "Family Room Apple TV - Standby." Two bridges are also shown for my garage doors and Lutron controls. Has anyone solved this problem?

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 7:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 4:06 PM

Deleted the home and re-added all the accessories. Ugh! Now everything is OK.

Similar questions

4 replies

Home Hub shows "Standby" on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.