You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting iPhone to car stereo using USB port - Books for iOS

questions:

If I listen to audiobooks on my car stereo using my iPhone and a USB port, does that use up cellular data from the cell provider? At this time I have chosen not to use data because of cost.

I want to use an audiobook provider that I can use on multiple devises, my iPad, iMac, and/or iPhone at no extra cost. I want to pick up where I left off in the book on other devices . What is the best provider? Apple, (audiobooks) Amazon (audible), or something else?

Is the audio book downloaded? If so how do I delete after hearing it? Or should I delete it because I paid for it?

If I don’t have space for books on my phone can I download/transfer it onto my desktop iMac to create a book library?

I am a senior retiree who doesn’t really understand today’s technology very well. Any suggestions will be very helpful. Ciao

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 9:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 12:53 PM

If the audiobook is downloaded it won’t use data. You will need an internet service to download the book. Audible books can be listened to on an iPhone using the Audible app, not Books.

Audible has a subscription offer ie one book “free” every month with a monthly payment, Apple does not.

Audiobooks can be deleted just like a digital book can be. Whilst audiobooks can be used on multiple devices there is no function to pick up on another device where you left off.

If you don’t have space on your phone it can be downloaded (not transferred) to your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2020 12:53 PM in response to Solveig10

If the audiobook is downloaded it won’t use data. You will need an internet service to download the book. Audible books can be listened to on an iPhone using the Audible app, not Books.

Audible has a subscription offer ie one book “free” every month with a monthly payment, Apple does not.

Audiobooks can be deleted just like a digital book can be. Whilst audiobooks can be used on multiple devices there is no function to pick up on another device where you left off.

If you don’t have space on your phone it can be downloaded (not transferred) to your Mac.

Connecting iPhone to car stereo using USB port - Books for iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.