You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3

I want to run without having to bring my phone with me. Can Apple Watch Series 3 GPS play my podcasts and Spotify while it’s out of range of my phone?

Do I have to add an additional monthly cellular charge to my phone bill to use a GPS + Cellular Watch?

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 9:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 11:04 AM

With a GPS + Cellular watch, you should be able to play your podcasts and Spotify while it’s out of range of your phone. The watch MUST use the same carrier as your iPhone and there is usually about a 10 monthly charge. See the replies to:

monthly fee wit apple watch cellular - Apple Community

2 replies

Apr 21, 2020 11:15 AM in response to griffinhammel

While you can download podcasts to your Apple watch and play them while the iPhone is away, Spotify however does not support offline playback on the Apple watch.

See here: Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

So yes, you will need a cellular watch to stream music from the internet.

Unless your watch is the cellular model, (there are 2 different models), you cannot add cellular to the Apple watch.

You will need to pay extra to have a GPS+Cellular Apple watch on your iPhone service plan yes. Around $10, but depends on the carrier.

Apple Watch Series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.