You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Acorn TV

I subscribed to Acorn TV directly through the Acorn website. How do I transfer that subscription to my Apple TV?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 11:55 AM

Depends on where you want to transfer it to exactly.

If by Apple TV you mean the actual black device that connects to your TV, you can sign in with your Acorn account into the Acorn App on the Apple TV. (Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K only)

If you mean you want to transfer it to the Acorn channel in Apple TV app (the application now in may devices), then no, you cannot do that as explained by vazandrew above.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2020 11:55 AM in response to mamamir

Depends on where you want to transfer it to exactly.

If by Apple TV you mean the actual black device that connects to your TV, you can sign in with your Acorn account into the Acorn App on the Apple TV. (Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K only)

If you mean you want to transfer it to the Acorn channel in Apple TV app (the application now in may devices), then no, you cannot do that as explained by vazandrew above.

Apr 22, 2020 11:10 AM in response to mamamir

That is not possible. The Apple TV Channel version is a separate subscription. You would have to sign up directly through the TV app, but you would be entitled to a new trial. If you view that service solely through the TV app then that is an option to consider. However, if you view the service through other platforms as well then it would be wise to keep the existing subscription.

Acorn TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.