You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change screen time function not working

I go to change my screen time password, I enter my Apple ID and password, but when I hit done, it counts it as a failed password attempt. I’ve tried changing my Apple ID password, I’ve tried refreshing the settings app, and even restarting my ipad. Nothing I’ve done so far is working.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 5:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 7:36 AM

Here is Apple’s guidance on changing/removing/reseting the ScreeTime passcode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

If you are currently running and version of iPadOS prior to iPadOS 13.4.1, update to this version if you can. Once updated to iPadOS 13.4.1, a mechanism exists to reset the ScreenTime passcode.

If you cannot update to iPadOS 13.4.1, or you have an earlier version of iOS installed, it is not possible to reset a forgotten ScreeTime passcode. Instead, you must erase and set-up again as new - and will not be able to restore data from you backup (the backup will contain the encrypted ScreenTime passcode that has been forgotten).

I hope this clarification is helpful.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2020 7:36 AM in response to DEK02

Here is Apple’s guidance on changing/removing/reseting the ScreeTime passcode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

If you are currently running and version of iPadOS prior to iPadOS 13.4.1, update to this version if you can. Once updated to iPadOS 13.4.1, a mechanism exists to reset the ScreenTime passcode.

If you cannot update to iPadOS 13.4.1, or you have an earlier version of iOS installed, it is not possible to reset a forgotten ScreeTime passcode. Instead, you must erase and set-up again as new - and will not be able to restore data from you backup (the backup will contain the encrypted ScreenTime passcode that has been forgotten).

I hope this clarification is helpful.

Change screen time function not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.