You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop wifi password request

Hi,

I'm having troubles with the MacBook Air of my girlfriend and all of my devices.

We're both connected to the same wifi network and all passwords are saved, but the MacBook Air of my girlfriend sends my iPhone, Macbooks and iPad a request to share the wifi password (we're both connected to).

I receive this message every single time I wake my iPhone.

Is there a possibility to turn off this feature, so the MacBook Air of my girlfriend won't send me these request anymore?

(we both have the latest software updates on all of our devices)

Thanks!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 2:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 4:48 AM

matthijs202 wrote:

Hi,

I'm having troubles with the MacBook Air of my girlfriend and all of my devices.

We're both connected to the same wifi network and all passwords are saved, but the MacBook Air of my girlfriend sends my iPhone, Macbooks and iPad a request to share the wifi password (we're both connected to).

Is there a possibility to turn off this feature, so the MacBook Air of my girlfriend won't send me these request anymore?

Thanks!
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4fb2e1ae-0960-499b-b415-483ebfa90182

If either device has Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.

As well as > System Preferences > Sharing > Internet Sharing, and make sure that it is disabled.

Reboot the router and modem if needed.

ref: How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or ...

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2020 4:48 AM in response to matthijs202

matthijs202 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4fb2e1ae-0960-499b-b415-483ebfa90182

If either device has Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.

As well as > System Preferences > Sharing > Internet Sharing, and make sure that it is disabled.

Reboot the router and modem if needed.

ref: How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or ...

Stop wifi password request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.