You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown purchase from app store

Hello! I received an email that I have purchased an app from App Store. I never did that. I checked my card and I saw that I never have paid for this app. Also at this email it said that it is a gift from sa4@icloud.com

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 2:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 5:19 AM

That sounds like a phishing email trying to get you to reveal your Apple ID details.

Don't click any links, ignore the email and delete it.

BTW, you wouldn't have to purchase a gift from someone else.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.4.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.4.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2020 5:19 AM in response to Mara19b

That sounds like a phishing email trying to get you to reveal your Apple ID details.

Don't click any links, ignore the email and delete it.

BTW, you wouldn't have to purchase a gift from someone else.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.4.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.4.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Unknown purchase from app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.