You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using gift card on child's apple account

My daughter added an iTunes gift card amount to her apple account. We use family sharing so I monitor her purchases/downloads. She wants to purchase something from iTunes but we cannot get her apple id and password to work and allow the purchase. The gift card does not seem to show up in my own account so I am unsure of how to access the funds for her.

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 7:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 7:27 AM

You don't access the funds for her. If she added the funds to her account, then they are in her account.

If using Family Sharing, her devices should be logged in to her account for iTunes and App stores, and when a purchase is made would automatically make use of the credit balance in her account.

It will still require you verify the purchase, and likely enter your card's CVV number, but it should take the money form her balance.

Where are you trying to use her Apple Id and password exactly? She should already be logged in to her account on her devices, and as such only her password should be requred for the purchase.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2020 7:27 AM in response to kpret

You don't access the funds for her. If she added the funds to her account, then they are in her account.

If using Family Sharing, her devices should be logged in to her account for iTunes and App stores, and when a purchase is made would automatically make use of the credit balance in her account.

It will still require you verify the purchase, and likely enter your card's CVV number, but it should take the money form her balance.

Where are you trying to use her Apple Id and password exactly? She should already be logged in to her account on her devices, and as such only her password should be requred for the purchase.

Using gift card on child's apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.