You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Over turned on Password not working

My wife used our spare iPhone 5 yesterday and accidently turned on the Voice Over function. I know how to navigate this to turn it off, however something happened that the phone is not accepting the screen lock password. I get to the last digit of the 4-digit password and the phone says it's wrong and then locks me out. I've tried turning the phone off and on to see if I can put it in recovery mode, but when I restart the phone it goes directly to the password login page and starts the whole loop again. Can anyone offer suggestions on a solution?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 8:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 12:19 PM

Greetings wguion1968,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like the iPhone is not accepting the password to unlock the iPhone. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2020 12:19 PM in response to wguion1968

Greetings wguion1968,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like the iPhone is not accepting the password to unlock the iPhone. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

Voice Over turned on Password not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.