You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS on Ipad

How can I get SMS messages on my Ipad. I can on my other Apple devices.

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 8:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 8:48 AM

You need an iPhone, and you need to set up Text Message forwarding. See the instructions in here, Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 23, 2020 8:49 AM in response to JayBird1718

On your iPhone, go into Settings - Message and ensure that text message forwarding is enabled & that the device you want to forward them to is toggled to on.

*PS (in general not at the original question poster)* getting annoyed in typing things out only to be told I have “exceeded posting limits” & then others posting the same info whilst waiting to be able to send again. it is almost enough to stop people from helping as they don’t know if their message is going to go through...

SMS on Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.