You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will deleting the Music app stop my iPhone from randomly playing music?

Like many others my iPhone 7 Plus will randomly begin playing music. Most often the behavior occurs when the phone is using Bluetooth to connect with a car audio system (it does it in every car make I’ve tried).

Will deleting the Music app fix this problem? I don’t mind losing the app.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:35 AM

5 replies

May 2, 2020 9:21 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for being so generous with your knowledge.

And wow. That is an extremely subtle nuance. So to summarize for people who find this post trying to solve the same issue: I must push the "stop" button on a song before exiting the music app. If I don't there is something about firing up Bluetooth and connecting with the Car Multimedia device that triggers the Music app to start up and resume the last song it played on the device.

Bottom line; it's a brilliant and convenient bit of coding for people who want their driving music to pick up right where they left off, but a pain in the tuchas if you don't know that it exists.

Thanks again

Will deleting the Music app stop my iPhone from randomly playing music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.