You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Malicious Attacks”

I am getting random alerts on my ‘calendar’ app saying the following: “Protect your iPhone from Possible Malicious Attacks!” I am worried if this is not from Apple and is from a random user. There is a link that is attached to this: https://protections-fix.best/42bcUtWS . The link is saying for me to click it to get a VPN to protect my device. I would just like a confirmation from Apple saying it is them or if it is not. Thank you.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:11 PM

4 replies

Apr 24, 2020 7:28 PM in response to dominicm0414

dominicm0414 Said:

"I would like to know if this alert is from Apple or not."

-------

No. That is not from Apple. Apple would not send you a link outside of their own domain (apple.com). And, if you look at the domain, it is not apple.com. In fact, a domain would not end in ".best".

Take Screenshots:

So, take some screenshots of the message and the sender's info, and then send them off to Apple, using this email address: reportphishing@apple.com

Go Here: Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Then, delete this message, and remove it from the Trash and Archive mailboxes.

“Malicious Attacks”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.