You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently upgraded my OS to the latest Catalina. Now my 32 bit Apps are not working. Can I revert back to the old Mojave OS?

I recently upgraded my OS to the latest Catalina. Now my 32 bit Apps are not working. Can I revert back to the old Mojave OS?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 11:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 12:09 PM

Yes, you can but it may be easier to see if your 32-bit apps have been upgraded. Downgrading will involve getting a copy of the Mojave full installer, erasing the drive, installing Mojave, and restoring all your files from your backup.

How to Downgrade from macOS Catalina to Mojave or Earlier

See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2020 12:09 PM in response to Pepevegas

Yes, you can but it may be easier to see if your 32-bit apps have been upgraded. Downgrading will involve getting a copy of the Mojave full installer, erasing the drive, installing Mojave, and restoring all your files from your backup.

How to Downgrade from macOS Catalina to Mojave or Earlier

See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.