You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Caller ID

Can I make caller id on outgoing calls show ONLY my name and hide my number?  or can I force a different number to show up? Thx

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 1:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 1:34 PM

BJinSammamish wrote:

can I force a different number to show up?

Absolutely not!! If you could, then Caller ID would be useless.

Can I make caller id on outgoing calls show ONLY my name and hide my number?

No. Your ID is your number. If the person you're calling has you listed as a contact with this number showing, that person will see your name when you call. In other words, the call recipient, not the sender, can choose what to display when a call arrives from a known contact.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2020 1:34 PM in response to BJinSammamish

BJinSammamish wrote:

can I force a different number to show up?

Absolutely not!! If you could, then Caller ID would be useless.

Can I make caller id on outgoing calls show ONLY my name and hide my number?

No. Your ID is your number. If the person you're calling has you listed as a contact with this number showing, that person will see your name when you call. In other words, the call recipient, not the sender, can choose what to display when a call arrives from a known contact.

Custom Caller ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.