You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toddler locked me out if my iPad, I know the passcode but I've never hooked it up to iTunes before???

My toddlers locked me out of my iPad Pro and now it's disabled. It says to connect to iTunes, but I've never set it up on iTunes before. When I connect it to iTunes, nothing is happening. I know my passcode but I can't get it out of the 'disabled, connect to iTunes' screen. HELP!!!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 2:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 2:21 PM

Follow the steps in this article:

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

If you have a backup you can restore it from that

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

4 replies

Apr 25, 2020 2:41 PM in response to ZombieBug

You will need to put it into recovery mode and then use iTunes to erase and reset it. The instructions are in that first support document link you’ve been given.

Once a device is disabled, the one and the only way to reset it is to erase it. That is a design feature of iOS to ensure no one at all can gain access to a device’s data without knowing the password. So without a backup, a disabled device is inherently ongoing to lose data - there is no way around that fact.

Toddler locked me out if my iPad, I know the passcode but I've never hooked it up to iTunes before???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.