You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Partial fill cell?

Using the cell fill functionality, i changed the color of the cell.

the cell has formula that calculates numbers.

when i changed the cell color, the cell color did not changed entirely.

it still leaves a white box enclosing the results of the cell formula.

however adjacent to it are also cells with formula but are completely fine.

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 9:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 12:12 AM

Hi XDEL,

Select the cells that have a white background behind the text.

Format Inspector > Text > Style > Gearwheel (Advanced Options) > Text Background >Choose the background with a diagonal red line (No Fill).

I notice also that those numbers are aligned left. Are they Text format? You might want to change them to Automatic or Number.

Regards,

Ian.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 26, 2020 12:12 AM in response to XDEL

Hi XDEL,

Select the cells that have a white background behind the text.

Format Inspector > Text > Style > Gearwheel (Advanced Options) > Text Background >Choose the background with a diagonal red line (No Fill).

I notice also that those numbers are aligned left. Are they Text format? You might want to change them to Automatic or Number.

Regards,

Ian.

Apr 25, 2020 11:55 PM in response to XDEL

Hi X'

All of the cells are completely filled with the background colour. In columns A and B, the text has been formatted to have a white background. As the text is placed in front of the colour fill of the cell, and the white fill is attached to the text, we see the white, and it blocks the cell fill colour.

he feature is not available in the version of Numbers that I am using, but you should find the control in the Format Inspector's Text section. If not, look in the Format menu, then try searching for text highlight or text background in Numbers Help.

Regards,

Barry

Partial fill cell?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.