You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regarding radar chart and numbers

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any chance to create a radar (spider) chart in numbers?

That is the only function I am missing.

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 6:34 AM

8 replies

Apr 28, 2020 4:14 AM in response to Wayne Contello

Yes I guess so.

Now I am trying to make the radar chart update automatically.

For example if i search for a name in a database "B" then the database only shows the data of B person. But my radar chart does not automatically update and still shows the data of A person in it. I am not sure how to make it dynamic. (You can see in the photo I have selected value in a radar chart category referring to table D2 cell).

Is there any chance to make it dynamic and update automatically?

Apr 28, 2020 5:48 AM in response to Lrsgns

I think you should consider storing the data in a slightly different way.

the formula in the bottom table (cell B2 selected) is:

=AVERAGEIFS(Data::E,Data::A,B$1, Data::D,$A3)

please note I live in the US so we use the period as the decimal separator. based on how you input the data, you live in a locale that uses the commas as the decimal separator. Therefore, you should modify the formula so the field delimiters (the commas) are changed to semicolons

change from:

=AVERAGEIFS(Data::E,Data::A,B$1, Data::D,$A3)

to

=AVERAGEIFS(Data::E;Data::A;B$1; Data::D;$A3)

Apr 28, 2020 1:39 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Thank you for your tip! It was really helpful and solved the problem.

Though I did some modifications to your formula.

I don't really need to count averages because i will draw more than one series in a radar chart. For a specific date I have made a new column TEST (test 1, test 2 etc). I am also now able to use Search cell effectively.

Thank you!

Apr 26, 2020 8:54 AM in response to Lrsgns

If there is, you'll find it listed with the other types available in the menu opened y clicking the Charts button.

If not, go to the Numbers menu, choose Provide Numbers Feedback, and make a Feature Enhancement request directly to Apple.

Regards,

Barry

PS: Can't give you a more definite answer, as my version of Numbers is well back of the current version.

B.

Regarding radar chart and numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.