You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to differential two iphones that share the same Apple ID, apps and contacts

How do I differentiate two i-phones that share the same Apple ID, apps and contacts?

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 2:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 2:19 PM

What do you mean by "differentiate"? Apple IDs are intended to be used by one person. Are you trying to share one? If so, there are workarounds for somethings but, as Apple changes things, they tend to break. Do yourself a favor and get everyone their own ID.

If both phones are yours, it would help if you explain exactly what it is you're trying to achieve.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 26, 2020 2:19 PM in response to geri259

What do you mean by "differentiate"? Apple IDs are intended to be used by one person. Are you trying to share one? If so, there are workarounds for somethings but, as Apple changes things, they tend to break. Do yourself a favor and get everyone their own ID.

If both phones are yours, it would help if you explain exactly what it is you're trying to achieve.

Apr 26, 2020 8:13 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

Go to Settings/General/About. You can edit the names of the phones. Just make them different. The name can be almost anything; my phone, for example is Don’t Panic, and my iPad is Ada Lovelace.

Awesome!

The last time I was in school, in the mid nineties, the college still had a computer center because not everyone had their own. They also had two network printers, Admiral Grace Hopper and Ada Lovelace.

How to differential two iphones that share the same Apple ID, apps and contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.